Author Topic: Firefox issues  (Read 29197 times)

thingzzz

Firefox issues
« on: November 02, 2008, 10:06:04 PM »
Hi Shane,

Fantastic piece of software.

Just a prbm though.. i'm using ff latest version. Firefox starts to hang after a while when Cleanmem is turned on. The pages stop loading. ff still responds, but does not load any pages.

have you had this issue at all?

i installed this software on three computers and at some point or the other, ff became unresponsive. I thought it was my interent connection, but IE was loading up pages fine.

Any comments?

Thanks

PcWinTech.com Forums

Firefox issues
« on: November 02, 2008, 10:06:04 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Firefox issues
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:21:54 PM »
I use Firefox 3.03 and have never encountered that what so ever. If you are getting load page errors it may be your internet connection or your router. But sometimes (It has happened to me) it turned out to be the DNS server my ISP was using, they where having trouble. I started using open dns servers (opendns.com) instead and never had the problem again. Plus some isp like to keep track of things with their dns servers, all the more reason I use opendns.

It is an option, but out of the 100,000+ that have download and used cleanmem so far no one has sent me an email or contacted me about anything not working right.

Feel free to remove cleanmem for a bit and see what happens, it may not be cleanmem but cleanmem may be a trigger to something else, the only way to tell is by process of elimination.

Let me know how it goes!
-Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

thingzzz

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »
Hi Shane,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have just uninstalled ff3 and re-installed it. I will try putting cleanmem on again at work.

I will keep you updated in a month or so.

Also with the dns... i know i have really have a slow adsl connection at home. I'm not sure how to use open dns ( i will have a look at the website.)

But saying that, i installed cleanmen at work and the isp is not the same one ( internet is pretty fast), but I had issues there as well.

So, maybe one of the extensions on ff causing issues!

Thanks again..

Talk soon

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
np
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
np, let me know what you find out. I use firefox 3 also like I said before. And no one else has reported this issue, so I am really curious to what is going on.

Here is a good test, use cleanmem's ignore list and put firefox.exe and have cleanmem not touch firefox and see if you still have the problem.

Talk to you soon
-Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

thingzzz

ok
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »
Hey Shane,

The main reason for using cleanmem is that ff is such a resource hog! I thought it would have been fixed with ff3 but unfortunately nothing yet.

I will add ff to the ignore list and try that.

Cheers!

PcWinTech.com Forums

ok
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »

email