Author Topic: A Great Experience  (Read 28016 times)

Rick Nine

A Great Experience
« on: October 22, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »
I'm probably preaching to the converted, but nonetheless, it should known what a terrific dude Shane is.  It all started with my browsing through Major Geeks.  I came accross "Simple Port Forwarding".  Now, I have, for several years tried to get a Hi ID in e-mule.  After about a thousand tries I finally gave up - that was until I saw "Simple Port Forwarding.  After it was installed I used it to try and get a Hi ID.  I was not successful.  I wrote an e-mail to Shane and received an answer shortly thereafter.  We tried and tried but in the end decided it was my modem "Actiontech 702 GW" that was probably not allowing me to install the ports.  Dealing with Shane was great.  He was so knowledgeable about his craft and incredibly helpful (and patient).  Although getting a Hi ID was not achieved, what was achieived was dealing with someone who cares not only about what he knows but sharing it with others and in a way that was clean and succinct, as was the site itself "Simple Port Forwarding".

PcWinTech.com Forums

A Great Experience
« on: October 22, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »

Offline marcoscu

• PcWinTech Member
I second that
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:23:31 AM »
Shane's excellent applications are a boon to all internet users and to those frustrated by hours struggling over and being enraged by their recalcitrant routers. Well done.

PcWinTech.com Forums

I second that
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:23:31 AM »