Author Topic: D-Link DI-524 Wireless Rotuer not working  (Read 8393 times)

Offline magu55

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
D-Link DI-524 Wireless Rotuer not working
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »
Dear Shane,

I have the above mentioned product for the past 5-6 years and I have been using it for wireless connectivity all this while.

Just since last week, the router suddenly stopped projecting wireless signal. Meaning, I am able to connect if I use a cable to the router which in turn is connected to my modem. But I do not see the router in my wireless networks. There seems to be no wireless signal from the router.

I have reset the router multiple times but to no avail. I have also tried switching off router for a while. I can login to the router by connecting it to my PC with a cable. The WAN light on the router is on - which I suppose means that the wireless signal is being transmitted?

I have tried this now both on an XP (SP3) machine and a Win 7 machine. I was able to use the wireless earlier on both these machines including my iPad.

Can you please help me understand if my wireless router is dead or if there  is something I can do to repair it?

PS: This problem started after almost a day of power fluctuations which makes me wonder if the radio transmitter is conked off. But want to ensure that's the case before investing a new router.

PcWinTech.com Forums

D-Link DI-524 Wireless Rotuer not working
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: D-Link DI-524 Wireless Rotuer not working
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
OK first do a power reset.

Unplug the power to the router and leave it unplugged for 30 sec.

Then plug it back in. Once backup go to the wireless setting page in the router and post a screen shot of the settings :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: D-Link DI-524 Wireless Rotuer not working
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »