Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Router Screen Capture - "Safety Again"  (Read 6186 times)

Offline Robbie-II

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Router Screen Capture - "Safety Again"
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
Hi Shane, Nice site thanks, nice attitude too. I am a brand new noob here.  I can't even find out where to post a reply to Router Screen Capture->Safety topic (OK it was closed). I am itching to find out about Port Forwarding and get my router up to speed for u/torrenting.  Speed is not so very bad, but I think I may be in my ISP's network, i.e. behind their router. I also don't like the idea of sending screen shots with my ISP account, phone numbers and all. I don't know how to erase stuff from HTML (delete from source?) and the screenshots seem to be a custom format. In fact Chrome would read only one of the 4 HTML I did before I stopped.  Did I read somewhere that you said if I buy the SPF program my router would automatically be included. It is a AVM.de  Fritz!Box FON WLAN 7390. There is one in your router list, but a "Telekom" firmware, mine is "International" firmware 84.05.06.  I would like to buy the SPF and show my appreciation with a donation. BUT I don't want to send my details, nor do I want to erase all my settings.  Is there another way?  I do understand how capture helps you, but no, not unless I can blurr out my details satisfactorily.    Thx. Robbie-II

PcWinTech.com Forums

Router Screen Capture - "Safety Again"
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Router Screen Capture - "Safety Again"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
I blur out the info before they go on my site, you can also blur out any info before sending them as well :-)

The only info that needs blurred out are user names, internet IP's and any passwords (If they show) local IPs and everything else is safe.

I add routers to my program for free, that means even the free version. The pro is just extra features. The free still updates your router. So people buy the pro if they need the extra features or just want to show support :-)

I have found that the Fritz!Box use a lot of the same pages so you could try one of the ones int he program to see if they work.

The simple port forwarding program simply auto mates the steps of port forwarding, so it is very safe to use, even f it fails.

On a side note, utorrent supports UPnP which is auto port forwarding. Just make sure UPnP is enabled in the router and you wont need to worry about port forwarding for utorrent :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline Robbie-II

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:27 AM »
Hi Again Shane, I thought I would just finish this off for any others with the same router. I have been through the hoops with this one but amazingly SUCCESS, victory was mine this time. The ports would not Simple Port Forward on this router since the firmware is not Telekom as he one on your database is. I went trolling to portforward.com according to your link on this site and located a "default" router guide, not their one with the online help where you enter port numbers and that. At the bottom it tells you how to fill in the ports and IPs with particular emphasis on where to put things for single ports or ranges and it isn't intuitive at all. Confusing is the fact that their screenshots are in German. Look at them hard and you can work out which is the "von" port and the "bis" port and the "an" port. It worked and the "3 ports forwarded" came up on the router page. Next I went to the Windows Firewall (Win 7 64-bit) and made sure there was a rule (Properties) for each TCP and UDP port for uTorrent and one TCP port for my OpenVPN.exe. Seems there is a section for "Allow" and then Inbound and Outbond - I ignored Outbound since I think it only needs a rule if you have pirated programs wanting to "phone home".  I had multiple aborts on SPF and SPT I think (no I am sure) they don't like it when a program is using the port, except SPT WOULD show success on the TCP but not the UDP when in use. When forwarded not in use it showed success on both. (I did have the PListen fowarded as wel, l SPF opens it). The portforwarding.com Port Tester refused to recognize any ports while they were in use, when forwarded and not in use it worked fine. I don't know if OpenVPN needs forwarding, it is on the same port used by SHTML (443). After all that I noticed no speed improvements in either OpenVPN or uTorrent, but hey, I learned a lot. As I said before I think the VPN company doesn't like you forwarding their ports, I think to save bandwidth, any input on this would be welcome. I think it should speed up. Hope it helps Fritz owners/forwarders.
I think I will put uTorrent back to UPnP - both get the green tick of happiness and UPnP closes its ports when not in use. Thx.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:27 AM »