Author Topic: NETGEAR CG300D-RG Router/Modem Combo NOT allowing 2 xbox's to have OPEN NAT  (Read 11871 times)

Offline denzel711

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
One xbox is open and the other is strict. I also have this computer wired in, so three total wired connections. The Tech guy from charter opened my ports as HE CLAIMED to know how to fix this problem, I also tried to mess with the ports and simply do not know what to do. UPNP is activated and is set for port 3074

Port 88 is opened with UDP protocol

Another Port 88 is opened with TCP protocol.

3074 is opened with both protocols

And port 53 is opened with both protocols. PLEASE help I have no idea what else to do. Everyone seems to have NAT issues except with this router, yet this is the standard router / modem charter gives out, and the other issues people do have with this router seem to be non xbox related.. I appreciate any and all help I may receive :D

PcWinTech.com Forums

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
First remove all port forwarding rules and make sure DMZ is off.

UPnP is auto port forwarding, and xbox supports it and is the only way to get more than 1 xbox working on the same network.

Let them handling the port forwarding for you via UPnP

And of course make sure UPnP is on in the router. Rebooting the router after changing everything would be a good idea so old settings are cleared :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline denzel711

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
There are no rules for port forwarding set. Upnp is turned on. The only DMZ thing i see is DMZ host, theres a box that says respond to ping on WAN port, that box is checked, under that it says DMZ address, the number is my ip and the part where you type in the number it is set as 0. Under that is MTU size, that is also 0

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
Looks like some routers simply wont work with 2 xboxes
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/p/186884/973553.aspx#973553

I need to research and see if your model does.

There are no rules for port forwarding set. Upnp is turned on. The only DMZ thing i see is DMZ host, theres a box that says respond to ping on WAN port, that box is checked, under that it says DMZ address, the number is my ip and the part where you type in the number it is set as 0. Under that is MTU size, that is also 0

Did you set all these or where these already set?

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)

Offline denzel711

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
I think they were already set like that, the tech guy from charter messed with the router settings for about 4 hours, and managed to make it so only 1 xbox could even connect to the internet , then left.
So i spent an hour resetting things to factory, and managed to make it so we were back to 1 strict 1 open. As far as I know that setting could be messed with, but I doubt he did to be honest, He mostly messed with ports and upnp settings.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
Reboot the router once it is backup restart both xboxes, turn them on and check the status for both :wink:

Shane

(About Shane)

PcWinTech.com Forums

email