Author Topic: Real Signal  (Read 10063 times)

Offline Esgrimidor

• PcWinTech Full Member
Real Signal
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »
Hello again. We are here in Carnival, but I am engaged with my last discovery : OCW.
Some days ago I observed when the ISP signal was lost that my independant antenna also lost the internet connection in the other pc.
Do you remember ?
http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,2670.0.html

http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,2677.0.html

But the pc continues telling me that the signal was received perfectly. Nevertheless I don't have signal.

If you remember we have a similar "problem" with the signal emitted by my router when my router was not connected to any internet signal. But the router send "a signal" that is perfectly received by my pc, but I don't have internet connection in the pc.

So.

My conclusion is that I can't control the reality of those signals. My antenna continues receiving the signal from the remote router (an open internet signal), but really is the signal fails I continue receiving a super good signal, but no internet.

I am supposing that I must do something new to have a real internet signal with possibility to balance and failover.

This is the present situation :
When I lost a signal I really don't detect. So is impossible that my alfa2 can do failover because can't determine the real situation.

What can i do ?

Best Regards
 :tongue:

PcWinTech.com Forums

Real Signal
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Real Signal
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
Keep in mind that if the wireless is 2.4 ghz coming from the routers that any 2.4ghz cordless phone or device that is on the same channel will cause the connection to drop.

So try manually setting what channel the local wireless uses, choose a higher channel and see how they do. Then go from there :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline Esgrimidor

• PcWinTech Full Member
Re: Real Signal
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:11:17 AM »
I'll take a look and will comment
Best Regards
 :smiley:

PcWinTech.com Forums