Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: power LED blinks when Computer is in Sleep mode  (Read 12486 times)

Offline rogerbid

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
power LED blinks when Computer is in Sleep mode
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »
Hi,

I hope someone can explain to me what my computer is doing!  Is it in Sleep or Hibernate mode?

For a long time, I have been enjoying having my PC go into Sleep mode, but lately things seem to be going awry.

One thing that I have noticed that is different is that, before, when in sleep mode, the Power light on the front of the case would go off, and remain off.  In the last few days I have noticed that it now fails to turn off, and instead it blinks constantly.  I have not knowingly changed anything nor installed new software, and really cannot understand what has brought about this change.  Can someone tell me what I should do about this since it does not appear that the computer is going to sleep as it should!

Another change in behaviour has been a tendancy for the computer to wake from sleep mode with no prompting by me!  In my attempts to find an explanation for this behaviour I have found a problem with the TaskScheduler.  When I go to Task Scheduler Library I get 2 popups that tell me:
1. "Task DispatchRecoveryTasks: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with" and
2. "Task BackgroundConfigSurveyor: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with"

I have absolutely no idea what these mean or how worried I should be.  I am writing a second post in the hope of a solution for this problem, so if anyone can help with this please see my next post titled "Task Image is corrupt or has been tampered with" (http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,2548.0.html)

Thanks for all offers of assistance,

Best wishes,

Roger

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:13:38 PM by rogerbid »

PcWinTech.com Forums

power LED blinks when Computer is in Sleep mode
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: power LED blinks when Computer is in Sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
I answered your post on the task scheduler.

On the blinking light, that is how it has always been on computers. It is suppose to blink to let you know it is in sleep mode. Only when it is powered off should it be off all the way. :wink:

Hibernate mode is suppose to turn the light orange (I think, I don't use hibernate)

And powered off should have the light off.

Personally I never use sleep mode. I always turn my system off when I am gone for a while :wink:
http://www.pcwintech.com/should-i-turn-my-computer-most-commonly-asked-question

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: power LED blinks when Computer is in Sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »