Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Lorex ECO - Hints and lessons learned  (Read 28763 times)

Offline chorna

• PcWinTech Member
Lorex ECO - Hints and lessons learned
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
Been using for a couple months and here's some experiences to help others regarding remote access:

1.  Really does not play well with IE 64 bit, be sure to use the 32 bit version.
2.  Even in 32 bit, I have to use compatibility mode (click the broken page).  I'm using I.E. 9 so not sure if the same problems exists for older versions
3.  Using InPrivate browsing, 32 bit, compatibility mode works best for me with no problems.
4.  If you want to do remote playback of recordings, you must start I.E. in adminstrator mode (right click on the 32 bit I.E. icon) otherwise the system fails to playback the recorded video.
4.  Recently installed Lorex Client 10 and it works very well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (none of the IE issues described above).  It's hard to find on Lorex's website (it's also on the CD) so here is a link  http://lorexstore.lorextechnology.com/pdfs/LorexClient10-v2_1_347_0-ENU.exe

For those of you that travel, this one is REALLY IMPORTANT.
Use the auto reboot function.  I had mine set to reboot on Sunday mornings and it recently saved me during a long business trip.  The system was not visible to me or others for several days until the reboot.  I'm changing it to daily reboot. 

Good luck and enjoy, the system does work well once you get familiar with it.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Lorex ECO - Hints and lessons learned
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »

Offline rob1313

• PcWinTech Member
Re: Lorex ECO - Hints and lessons learned
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
I have a question? I have a Lorex LH138000 and I want to know how to start the DVR to record only after motion has been detected?
It is recording the channels 24-7 now and using up all of the HD memory
thanks for any help with this
Rob

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: Lorex ECO - Hints and lessons learned
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »