Author Topic: ERROR MESSAGE WHEN SENDING EMAIL ALERTS FROM SECURITY DVR  (Read 16086 times)

Offline misskittykat

• PcWinTech Full Member
ERROR MESSAGE WHEN SENDING EMAIL ALERTS FROM SECURITY DVR
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »
Hi, Shane...

You have been a world of help to me over the past two weeks or so getting my portforwarding done as well as opening port problems and things have been working great except one last issue I have been having and that is getting email alerts sent for my cameras on my DVR security system.   Man have I had an education on this stuff and learned so much!

I finally got the mail situation resolved yesterday and it worked fine for about 12 emails (sending a camera snapshot) and suddenly I am getting an a error messages that my mail is being bounced back by the administrator.   I turned off sending alerts for the rest of the nite in hopes it would reset itself in time and then scaled down to one camera as a test but today am still getting rejections.

I tried calling my outbound mail provider but he says without an better error code he can't help me out.  How do I find out what the problem is and get it corrected?

I am waiting Qsee to open in CA so I can ask them as well but thought I'd ask you too in the event you've heard of this problem before?

The following message to <***************.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.x.0 - Message bounced by administrator

Evidently this is the folks I am sending mail from but is it who I am sending mail too?  I have 3 send to email client... yahoo, aceweb and gmail.  And sending from smtp.frontier.com.    I even tried switching them and using gmail as the outbound server but I keep getting a rejection within my dvr system and it won't accept gmail being the outbound server.. only when I have frontier as the outbound do I get a success in accepting configutation.  If this info helps.

Things like I am taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back with this stuff.. but at least this is the last hurdle.. (hopefully)! LOL

Thanks in advance for any time taken

misskittykats

PcWinTech.com Forums

ERROR MESSAGE WHEN SENDING EMAIL ALERTS FROM SECURITY DVR
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: ERROR MESSAGE WHEN SENDING EMAIL ALERTS FROM SECURITY DVR
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »
That error looks like your email is being flagged as spam.

But was it by your ISP or the email server getting the mail is the question.

Gmail requires SSL to be able to use it. I use Gmail with my thunderbird.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=7f8d8d3e792ef541&hl=en

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: ERROR MESSAGE WHEN SENDING EMAIL ALERTS FROM SECURITY DVR
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »

email