Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: how to save settings in jumplists  (Read 11052 times)

Offline hangdawg

• PcWinTech Full Member
how to save settings in jumplists
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »
 hi shane  im using  jumplist launcher  for windows 7   but its tied to the windows jump list  and  ccleaner has a option to clean windows jumplist  i set to clean firefox and ie  jumplist  but it also takes out  the jumplist launcher settings  i put its files on partion d i have set-up for back-images and stuff thinking being on another partition would help but no  i even excluded the whole d partition in ccleaner  but it does no good as i think its tied into the windows jumplist so no matter what it looses its settings  :sad:   its not that bad a program  its  just that its tied to windows to much  you have any ideas of how to protect it    here the program        http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8187/consolidate-the-windows-7-taskbar-with-jumplist-launcher/           thanks  and by the way   that                beta    starting  to look pretty sharp  :cheesy:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:38:22 PM by hangdawg »

PcWinTech.com Forums

how to save settings in jumplists
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: how to save settings in jumplists
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:49:35 PM »
Thanks, CleanMem 2.0 will have its first release candidate out this week :-)

I have never used jumplist, but I looked here
http://en.www.ali.dj/jumplist-launcher/

And found this
Known issues

* Changing the maxmimum number of Jumplist-entries changes the number of recently used files all across Windows 7This can’t be fixed at the moment because both numbers are represented by only one number in the registry

It ties itself into windows, so when CCleaner cleans up windows it is also affecting jumplist. Not sure there is a way to protect it. The option in ccleaner then would be in the windows settings I bet.

And as I just typed that I found this lol :wink:
easy fix for ccleaner causing the need to open the prog and update list again. open cleaner, on the cleaner screen, windows tab (default when you open the program), under windows explorer cleaning option, do not use task bar jumplist cleaning.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline hangdawg

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
 thanks shane  i figured as much  wish it wasnt   tied to windows so much  yeah i knew about the check box to dis-able cleaning jumplist   il just have to  live with it and manually remove  Firefox  yeah firefox 4 beta 13  64 bits the jump-list   actually      works and  ie9   doesn't  go figure    you are going to make it so you can use a credit card  aren't   i hope so as PayPal   sucks  :smiley:

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »
PayPal will take credit cards without a PayPal account, but I also put up Google checkout as well :-)
I added it to the simple port forwarding cart and it will be the same for cleanmem  :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »