Author Topic: F5D8236-4 v2 xbox problems  (Read 60564 times)

Offline Evan

• Global Moderator
  • PcWinTech Guru
Re: F5D8236-4 v2 xbox problems
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »
That does look a little odd.  What model of Belkin did you get? I'm guessing it transmits two signals and if that is the case then you should just go in the router and turn off the other broadcast.  If it isn't that then you have some other belkin device broadcasting at the same power and channel...which is doubtful.

Just for fun...what happens if you use the locate option of that program (where it does the submarine type sonar pings to help you locate the source of the signal)?  Even though they appear in different places on in the program do you locate them in the same place?

Evan
About Evan:Site Admin, Tester, Editor

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »

Offline demonizer84

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
its same model as they bein arsey so swapped it for same model again, if i click locate it just makes all the other pings so to speak disappear n just shows you the one you have selected, tho they appear to be in seperate locations they are just mirrors of each other ones one side of the sonar one the other exact same distance setting etc, cant see anything that says its broadcasting twice tho im not hundred percent what im looking for or where lol, and deffo not got another belkin item one is more than enough

Offline Evan

• Global Moderator
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »
Okay, don't worry about that stuff since it's off topic anyways.   :smiley:

When you say the same problem...do you mean that your wireless is flakey but the connection if fine with a wired connection?

Evan

Offline demonizer84

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2011, 11:41:17 AM »
yer mate same problems generally with the xbox prolonged connection times random disconnects kickin me from games etc

Offline Evan

• Global Moderator
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
Quote from: demonizer84
as i say it was ok n then last couple of days its been a pain in the ass im trying to connect my xbox now and it gives me the error message cant obtain ip address from your router or modem turn our router or modem off for 30 seconds
Did these problems occur when you switched to your new Wireless N router (the one you returned) or did youget that router more than a couple of days and use it for some amount of time and then for no apparent reason you started having problems?

If you didn't have problems when you first switched to a wireless N router and everything worked the same as it did when you were on wireless G and this is the same Xbox 360 Slim and then you started having problems and have now replaced the router and are having the same problems then what has most likely happened is that the wireless on your Xbox 360 Slim has gone bad and it has nothing to do with the router.

To test that you need to either obtain another Xbox 360 Slim or obtain their newest 2 antenna USB wireless adapter.  Once you do that then you can deternmine that it is the wireless on the Xbox and then you'll either need to have it repaired, buy another Xbox 360 Slim, get an adapter, or live with a wired connection.   :angry:

Evan

Offline demonizer84

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »
i have taken my xbox round to a friends house n it works fine on his router, it seems to have been from the word go theres deffo some form of communication error between the 2 going on

Offline Evan

• Global Moderator
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »
If you still have your old router (wireless G) can you try it?  It might be that the router model you are using just doesn't work well with Xbox Live.  If it isn't that then we need to go back and check all the settings you have in the new router and work through them one step at a time.

Evan

Offline demonizer84

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2011, 01:46:54 PM »
low n behold lol iv changed wireless channel to channel 1 i played majority of last night with only 1 disconnection, and i got kicked out of party once, i havent played online tonight but iv been connected to xbox live and it hasnt disconnected me, the only problem im seeing now really is i have a strict nat type all the time, tho i still cant update my firmware i get the ip out of range message

Offline Evan

• Global Moderator
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »
Good to hear you are getting better results.  But you still never said if the problem started when you switched to wireless N.

If changing the channel helped then you might have neighbors with wireless routers or cordless phones that have recently been added that are causing the interference.

You could still take that new new router back and trade it for a Netgear if you aren't completely satisfied.   :wink:

Evan

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »

email