Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Uninstall help  (Read 7710 times)

Offline gargy

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Uninstall help
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »
I recently started having some troubles with my networking, and narrowed it down to something that was happening with Simple Internet Meter... don't remember now exactly what symptoms were or anything, so an uninstall is about the best solution I know of.  (Incidentally, love the program, and will definitely be reinstalling)

So anyways, when I try to run uninstall, from Start Menu, directly from 'uninstall.exe', or in 'Programs and Features' (yes, I'm running Windows 7 x86 version) I get this error coming up.... (attachment)

I tried to install SIM on top of itself, just to see if it might fix the problem, but no luck.  Am I looking at having to reinstall some MS Visual C++ stuff?

[attachments over 25 days old deleted by admin]

PcWinTech.com Forums

Uninstall help
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Uninstall help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:59:27 PM »
Yeah looks like the C++ runtimes is causing the error.

I would download the latest version and get it installed, reboot, and see how it goes. A LOT of programs use the C++ run times, which could explain any other odd behavior on the system.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84&displaylang=en

There are the 3 I would install.
2005, 2008 and 2010.

This way You have everything covered :-)

As a rule of thumb, run times make all the programs work. So having them up to date is the best, including .net runtimes as well. (My program doesn't use them yet, but other apps on your system might.) :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline gargy

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »
Thanks for the ULTRA speedy reply, and for the verification of my "plan of action". LOL  I have run across a few runtime issues before, but just wanted to check. 

Thanks again... you, and your program, are awesome!  Have a blessed day!

Offline Evan

• Global Moderator
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »
Gargy,

If you get a chance can you let us know if that fixed everything for you.  It's helpful for others who might read this particular thread and it also lets Shane know he can lock the thread.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!  :smiley:

-Evan
About Evan:Site Admin, Tester, Editor

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »

email