Author Topic: Echolife HG520c w/Telmex  (Read 29885 times)

Offline byteman

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Echolife HG520c w/Telmex
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:53:27 AM »
I have Telmex DSL service and the Echolife HG520c router at a place in Mexico.  I am located in the states, but am connected through a reverse ssh connection - so I can "see" the router and login to a linux machine which has a wired connection off the router.  I am able to telnet into the router through this ssh connection.

When the router was first installed, I was physically there, but was unable to setup port forwarding on this router - first the admin menu is in Spanish, and even translated, I don't see the option for port forwarding.

So I have a couple of questions:

1.  Is this router even capable (with the firmware that TexMex provides) of port forwarding?
2.  (If capable) would it be possible to setup port forwarding using the telnet connection?
3.  Do I need to be on site to use the WinTech port forwarding software?

I've been searching for a solution for several months - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

PcWinTech.com Forums

Echolife HG520c w/Telmex
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:53:27 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Echolife HG520c w/Telmex
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:58:48 AM »
I don't have the screen shots for the version.
But you should be able to log into the router through firefox on the linux box.

My software works with the web interface of a router. It currently only works on Windows (I will be making a mac version soon)

Have you tried logging into the web interface of the router? Or do you not have access to the desktop like that?

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline byteman

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:27:12 AM »
Yes, I was able to log into the router when I was physically there - both through a xp laptop (with IE) and a linux desktop (with FireFox).  The machine that was left powered on was a character based linux server machine - it maintains the reverse ssh connection.  (I wish I had known about your software then.)

I won't be able to get you screenshots of the web interface until I next get down there - that may be a couple of months - and then I will probably only be there for a week.

If I supplied you screen shots of the telnet menu(s), would that tell you if port forwarding is even possible?

Have you run across a router where port forwarding is not possible because of the firmware installed?

Thanks -

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:31:36 AM »
Yes, I have seen a few routers where the port forwarding pages where removed from the menu. But on some of them you could still get to the page if you knew the right address :-)

So let me give you a few pages to try and see if they can load for you (These are from other Huawei's.)

I will guess your router IP is 192.168.1.1 for this :-)

http://192.168.1.1/rpNATvirsvr.html
or
http://192.168.1.1/scvrtsrv.cmd?action=view

These seem to be the 2 most common port forwarding page links for all the Huawei's I have in the program.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)

Offline byteman

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:43:11 AM »
Shane -

Wow - that worked.  I was able to setup another reverse ssh connection for port 80 to the Echolife modem - TelMex sets the router up as 192.168.1.254.  The page you suggested (rpNATvirsvr.html) is the one that worked.

I am so happy - I will definitely buy your "pro" version even though I don't need it now.

I'd be happy to send you screen shots in Spanish or translated English.  Let me know if either would be helpful.  Or whatever or however I could assist.

Again - thanks for getting back to me - you're the best!

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 09:58:18 AM »
The more screens the better :-)
You can send the English ones if you could. Since the current ones in the program will work it will be just a matter of adding your router model to the program :-)

Also I am not sure (I would need to check) but see if your router has a remote admin feature. This basically enables the web interface through the internet IP. Then you could use my program in the future that way to make things easier :-)

Shane

(About Shane)

Offline byteman

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
I downloaded and tried your screen capture utility.  I doesn't give me the "translate" option, so the screens will still be in Spanish - do you still want them?

Also, when you're finished with the screen capture utility and press the "Done" button, do I have a chance to review the "zip" file before it is emailed off?

The router does have a remote admin option (I assume that is what the "ACL" sub-menu under "Advanced" is for).  I tried setting both WAN and LAN to "todos", but it didn't seem to make a difference - possibly I need to reboot it, but am hesitant since it now finally works as I want it.  Any advice here?

Thanks -

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
You can send the screen in Spanish, that's fine :-)
When your done in the screen capture program the file isn't emailed to me automatically. You need to send it, so you can view it before you do :-)

And for the remote admin feature,I don't know Spanish very well. I say if it works then you fine the way you are.  :wink:

Shane

(About Shane)

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »

email