Author Topic: port is offline - please help  (Read 4924 times)

Offline bulldog

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
port is offline - please help
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »
will start by saying i'm pretty much clueless with this stuff.

i'm trying to set up a webcam with camstreams.com.  i tried this weekend w/ no luck, then with the help of a friend i reset my router and ran the simpleport forwarding program that the website recommends and it worked! got myself online and streaming just fine.

forward to today, when nothing would work. the simple port forward says port is offline.  i reset the router, did all that stuff again & still, the port is offline.

i checked in the windows firewall and it is added under the exceptions like the website says (i have xp).

is there anyone who can help me? please :)

thank you!!

edited: just to say i have a netgear WGR614v7 router.  i'm trying to read the common problems & fixes, but it's WAY over my head. :( 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:38:25 PM by bulldog »

PcWinTech.com Forums

port is offline - please help
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: port is offline - please help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »
After I get you fixed, if you don't mind, I would like to ask you how I could make the common problems and fixes page easier to understand for users  :wink:

In this case lets start going down the list.

First I would like you to post 2 screen shots for me. (You can attach them to a post under :Additional options" below here.)
First open the simple port forwarding program, and on the main window take a screen shot. This screen shot will let me see your local IP and what rules your trying to set.

The next screen shot will be the port forwarding page in the router. This will let me see if the rules where added properly.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: port is offline - please help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »

email