Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Safety?  (Read 8673 times)

Denolc

Safety?
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
Hey, Im new here and had always troubles to open my ports (ISP sad: not their problem... :undecided:) so Simple Port Forwarding seems like the answer for me but sadly my router is not supported (TP-LINK - TL-WR841ND) !
So I thought I add my router with Router Screen Capture but I was concerned about with how much information I actually provide the programmer, I mean on the router control page is everything so if I send the Screenshots, does the programmer see all that private stuff like username, password, IP, MAC Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Server and what not?
Im really impressed by how automatically Simple Port Forwarding works and thats why I want to add my router so
I just want to know if I dont give away to much private information about my internet connection.

Regards ~ Denolc

PcWinTech.com Forums

Safety?
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Safety?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
No Problem. Yes everything is shown on the screens. When I get them and before a screen shot page for the site is made I go through and blur out any personal info, like internet IP and user names.

You are free to do this your self if it makes you feel better :-)
All files will be stored in a screen shot folder. You can blur out what you like then zip up the screens, html and such (The whole folder) and send it my way :-)

I use the screen shots for the guides and screen shot pages and the html to write the scripts for Simple Port Forwarding  :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Denolc

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »
Alright so that means I either trust you or blur the personal info out myself :blank:, I thought it automatically uploads the screens after taking them but in this case I will do how you explained.

Thanks for the help!  :smiley:

~ Denolc

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »
No the program puts the files in a zip then asks you to upload them on the upload page. I wanted people to feel comfortable and not be afraid of the program uploading stuff :-)

Also feel free to check all the screen shots on the site, you will see the info blurred  :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »

email