Bookmark and Share

Poll

Which program would you like to see me make next?

Simple Port Forwarding (Mac)
18 (22.5%)
Remote System Stats (iPad)
13 (16.3%)
Games (iPad)
20 (25%)
Simple Port Forwarding (iPad)
5 (6.3%)
Android apps & games
9 (11.3%)
Other
15 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: July 05, 2010, 10:05:09 PM

Author Topic: Ideas for new programs - By Shane  (Read 47651 times)

Offline paul

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
Re: Ideas for new programs - By Shane
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »
thank you Shane my ports forwarded for less than £10, you need more links to this program, an idea for you a program that shows frame rate and CPU and GPU temps in a game. thanks paul.

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »

Offline Mongoplus

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 01:21:59 PM »
Hi Shane

I have been a long time user of CF Fire Monitor and would lov eto see it updated (I know wishful thinking!! :wink:).

I would like to thank you for the very nice programs that you have put out.

I use CleanMem, CF Fire Monitor and Simple Shutdown Timer, all with great easy and success.

I would like to see two programs, one for WiFi Security and one for USB management:tongue:

Please keep up the great work that you ar edoing here.[/
font]

Mongoplus

I am always on a quest to quinch my thirst for knowledge.

Offline irwanwr

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »
So, any chance that you'll be developing something like DNS Helper?
By the way, I am using Cleanmem back again now. After I forgot that I used it in previous PCs. One of them wasn't my own though  :tongue:
I regret I lost the copy of 1.7.0 or previous version. The recent version will only show MiniMonitor for 49 days?
I've tried to use Network Repair too, but it seems just like Cleanmem, the manifest files restarted my pc. After i erased those manifest files, everything works fine now. Except Network Repair, I haven't try to install it again.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 07:14:32 PM »
No the 49 day thing is just the API call on showing the system up time, not sure how you got the mini monitor would only run for 49 days lol.
The current version of cleanmem has everything 1.7.0 had and those features are still free. I also have a lot of bug fixes and more free features than 1.7.0. :wink:

And what is DNS helper? I can see what kind of program it is I can see if I can make something like it. :-)

The manifest files tell windows to do 2 things.
1. to run the program as admin if your on vista or 7
2. to draw the controls in the program with the default windows controls, instead of the ugly out dated controls. (buttons and such)

If your pc is restarting the I bet it has to do with the controls, which means a reg key or system file is corrupt on your system. When windows goes to read that system file it is causing the reboot.

This is what is in the manifest file.

<dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity language="*" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" type="win32" version="6.0.0.0" />
    </dependentAssembly>

This might help on that problem :wink:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896559

Comctl32.ocx     
Mscomctl.ocx

are the two files. Perhaps just re-registering them might fix it as well.

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline SteveP

• PcWinTech Full Member
  • I deal in 60s and 70s model GM muscle car parts
    • Phillips Muscle Car Parts Inventory
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 08:53:46 AM »
android doesnt need a cleanmem i think ...it has a program called advanced task killer ...it pulls up a list of all the programs running and you can choose which ones to shut down. However what the android does need is a way to remove some of the factory installed apps. for instance on mine it has photobucket, midnight bowling, and uno apps on it all 3 programs(apps) in which i have never used but in fact everytime i turn on my task killed they are running for some reason. weird stuff. you may want to design a program that handles that kind of problem once and for all.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 11:03:34 AM »
Stuff like that is already done.

On my android you have to get root access to the phone. Once you do you can use any of the free apps out there to remove installed factory crap.

Just google your phone model with the words root access and you will find tons of info on it :wink:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)

Offline HWright88

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:20 PM »
You know you could always sell your iPhone/iPad/iPod apps in the Cydia on Jailbroke iphones and such :) also I need a software that will instantly transfer files from one laptop to another ;D lol :P asap haha LOL

Offline arunesh90

• PcWinTech Full Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↓
try dropbox.com its a site im using its has 2gigabyte free. or use google drive that haves 15 gigabytes free !!!!!

Offline God Father

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 09:47:30 AM »
Hello Dear Shane,

I would like to make a request for a Quote on a software I need. I am android Galaxy S4 user and would like to move the app data to SD Card so the app runs from the SD card instead of internal memory, because after the phone memory is full you can no longer install apps. I only need this for my self. I do not plan on selling it, unless you do; you may do so if you wish. However the app must be for non-rooted user as I do not want to void warranty by rooting my handset. So please let me know weather it can be done..

Thank You in Anticipation

With Kind Regards
Rahul

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Guru
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »
Hello Dear Shane,

I would like to make a request for a Quote on a software I need. I am android Galaxy S4 user and would like to move the app data to SD Card so the app runs from the SD card instead of internal memory, because after the phone memory is full you can no longer install apps. I only need this for my self. I do not plan on selling it, unless you do; you may do so if you wish. However the app must be for non-rooted user as I do not want to void warranty by rooting my handset. So please let me know weather it can be done..

Thank You in Anticipation

With Kind Regards
Rahul

I dont make phone apps, you would see that I dont have a single app on the site for phones. Not to mention the tons of apps already on the app store that does what you ask :-) And there is no way to get around needing root or not, it is just have the android OS works, it isnt like Windows.

Shane

(About Shane)

Offline db_win

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 07:34:28 AM »
Shane:

I need a simple way to have a program find the Apps on a Win8 or Win10 PC and back or restore them.

The program would include:
Checkbox for Application Name and User Account
Application Backup or Restore

Thanks, Don

Offline alwright13

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 05:22:10 AM »
How About Support for mobile Hotspots.

I tried to use the webform email to get this message to shane as well as PMing him,  So Now I put it here.  Your a great guy and I understand that running free tech support can ghet lonely,

DO what I say near the end of these   next  few paragphs and get a DONATE paypal account.

I just wanted to say thank you.  I have now questions about this product. Just one related at the end.

As a novice I am learning an immense amount from reading you very thorough information, that is delivered in plainly spoken and quite often in Lay terms for the most inexperienced of novices to be able to learn from the site, furthermore it is a great thing that you do to provide all of the free products you do along with the instructions, and knowledge wiki.  The GUI is easy to work within and , if needed it gives the novice an animated video in real time of what is being done in the router interface and also logs each step for them to refer to and AGAIN learn.

I had a small problem at first for a few reasons, the LAST of which I believe that YOU SHOULD look into, If for no other reason than to improve chances of getting correct results from the Simple Port Forwarding program you have built.
The First error that I noticed could also be a valid obstacle you might want to address as well,  That being that it failed because the portforwarding option in the web interface was turned off.  If you do address this than perhaps it has a timeout feature, whatever it was in disallowed the opening of the ports.
The 2nd error occured because I was trying, or getting ready to try to employ your program on my mom's router and therefore my first actual attempts at success were  executed having  the custom rules set up for the ip from the first gateway whuch was not the IP I was ion anymore. 

The second error, as it turns Out is the same as what was ultimately the actual problem.  But having updated the router profile to deploy the correct rules, and having still been met with an error, I took note of the fact that SImp. PF was telling me Ihat my IP was an IP which I had never paid to too much attention to in the past,  You guessed it my Public IP.  So, even though I was only 1/10000000th of a %  knowing that it was not this ip I needed to be using for my purposes, I was willing to try it.  It of course failed and the log verified what I thought about it not being the right ip.

Last problem before fixing it.  I decided to go back to what I felt I knew was the correct setup to deploy the rules I did so ...Correctly, as I had before and watched the Web Int with vigil alert.  WHen I say that the Port Forwarding button was not checked I checked it and that got things rolling for the SIMP PF prog.  I watch it set up and deploy all my rules easily, Isaw success in all the categories on the log. 
SO BOY WAS i FLUMMOXED WHEN i TESTED IT AND IT FAILED to be identified as open.  I reviewed the log again, and I reviwqed the Web Int only to see that Yes all the rules were right there still .  They hsad not reverted, but there it was.  an obvious reason why they wouldn't have tested as open.  There wer truste toggles next to each rule that I had to manually set to yes.
No big deal, 
BTW  My Gateway is Technicolor TC8305c

My advice to you though, Write the code to select the ENABLE button for port forwarding, and if it has a timeout feature then address that as well. Also either remind people to set the deployed PF rules by toggling query box to  trusted or right the code to toggle them yourself.

That is it  My entire story, A sincere Thank you advice that  you can take or leave because this Technicolor TC8305C Gateway provides me what I need Either way (portfowarded or not)

Why DId I  use the prog then?

I was hoping to find out how to terminal code the rules into a linux based network device (e.g. My Galaxy Note 4) to open  these same ports, and I though reading your log while it filled in the web interface woould give my answers but sadly NO!   If you do know how to linux terminal deploy forwarding codes then I could use the help there,  Just a point in the right direction, unless you have a database for DATA Hotspot's ac ting as GATEWAYS or routers themselves.

Any Way Lots Of great work man and you deserve a buck or two from each of those you help,  Get a PAYPAL Donate Acct

Later ,

alwright13@comcast.net

Offline Syuzan VR

• PcWinTech Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 04:11:30 AM »
Hi everybody..I am in this forum for the first time.Nice to meet you. I like this forum so much, its design is so attractive ;)
Hello

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 04:11:30 AM »