Bookmark and Share

Author Topic: Auto Capture (automatic link clicking)  (Read 9250 times)

Zfield

Auto Capture (automatic link clicking)
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »
Would it be possible to have the application automatically load all the routers pages without user intervention?
From a programming standpoint, it would:
  • Read all the links on each page (similar to a website ripper)
  • Anything page has been captured would be marked as captured and would not be recaptured
  • Any page with a domain name would not be discarded from the list
  • *And of course still have the the program would have an option for manual clicking (for routers that use javascript or have give issues

PcWinTech.com Forums

Auto Capture (automatic link clicking)
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Auto Capture (automatic link clicking)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »
I actually started the program out this way. But there where to many unforeseen problems.

First, some routers have very odd links, and every time the page loads the link would change, They have session ids, page load ids, the date and time and others all in the links. I had the program remember each link it grabbed but routers like this made it to where the program never stopped as the links always changed.

2nd, and the biggest, is a lot of routers have buttons you must click on. Having a program auto going into everything is a great way to really screw up the settings in a router lol.

So the best thing was to go the middle ground.

Have the program auto grab the html and pictures and let the user do the driving :-)

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Zfield

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
Very true, didn't think about click able links that could change settings. I was just about to suggest a html ripper then, but with session ids things could get very messy! It kind of reminds me of the anti-spammer script for e-mail bots, where the script would just generate a link to a random page (which would be created temporarily), with randomly generated e-mails on the page, then a link to another generated page... and so on.

I guess you wouldn't want your app to click on the 'burn down the internet' setting on my router  :tongue: that could really create havoc

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »