Author Topic: Port Forwarding with Xbox Live still has NAT strict  (Read 10761 times)

syyoung

Port Forwarding with Xbox Live still has NAT strict
« on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »
Hello.  First of all, I love the program.  I have a  Belkin F5D7231 1xxx model router.  The port forwarding program has allowed me to successfully forward any ports I have tried to forward onto my PC.  However, I run into a problem whenever I try to forward ports to xbox live.  All ports except port 88 will forward properly, but it tells me 88 is in use.  So after doing much research on google, I learned that I could set that setting to 87-89 and I would be fine.   I have tried everything though.  XBox has a static IP, all proper ports are forwarded to it, the IP address for the XBox is in the DMZ, I have UPnP enabled on the router, and yet, my NAT Type is still strict.  Please help me figure this out because I bought this system solely for the purpose of online gaming, and I can't join any of my friends parties or anything at the moment.  Appreciate your time, thank you.

PcWinTech.com Forums

Port Forwarding with Xbox Live still has NAT strict
« on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: Port Forwarding with Xbox Live still has NAT strict
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »
First disable DMZ  :wink:

DMZ is a open all ports rule, so you don't want to use it and port forwarding rules at the same time.
Also remember that my port tester will only work when testing ports forwarded to your computer. It opens the port and listens on it.

So the first thing to do is to test that port forwarding is working. You can do that by forwarding a test port to your computer and testing it with my tester.
If it works then just make sure the rules for the xbox are pointed to the xbox IP. DMZ off of course.

Let me know how it goes  :cheesy:

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

Re: Port Forwarding with Xbox Live still has NAT strict
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »