Author Topic: yet another minecraft user hopelessly stumped by my routers  (Read 6567 times)

Offline munchies

• PcWinTech Member
hello Shane since you seem to be the main one that responds to posts and hello to anyone else
thanks in advance for your time with this matter
ok i started all this yesterday and you would not believe how much i have learned but yet this still refuses to work
i am going to post screnies of my routers (if i post any irrelevant to the topic i am sorry i just wanted a quick fix)
i have two routers first being a cisco ddr2200 (internet connected) and a trendnet twe 432 brp (pc connected)
the screen shots i am posting i know are a mess and not configured right (rage quit)
the cisco seems to be temperamental and wont clear the virtual servers  without a restore to defaults
(freaking remove button dose not want to work????) (also i am hesitant to reset it because it affects the house tv and internet and with a family they all get mad )
anyway i am serious when i say i have tried over 30 different setups and 9 something restores on both routers i am at wits end and still not understanding why this is eluding me
i have tried two different port programs with no success one being yours i believe 
i obviously dont know what i am doing at this point here is my stuff maybe you can give me a config that will work

PcWinTech.com Forums

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
Re: yet another minecraft user hopelessly stumped by my routers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »
The problem is the 2 router setup. The step you are doing wrong is trying to put the port forwarding rules int he modem. You will notice the modem and your computer have different IP's 192.168.1 vs 192.168.10

This guide should get you going
http://www.pcwintech.com/how-setup-two-or-more-routers-together-port-forwarding-port-triggering

So from the screen shots the trendnets WAN IP is 192.168.1.67

So first remove the rules, if you can (Put a check mark on them then hit remove) from the modem.
Then find the DMZ in the modem (Not the trendnet) and enable it and put 192.168.1.67, then save it.

DMZ is a open all ports rule. We are telling the modem to send everything that comes in to the trendnet.

From there you setup the port forwarding in the trendnet only. Then use my port tester to test if they work :wink:
http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline munchies

• PcWinTech Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
with a little trial and error and alot of help from you i got it thank you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
i also managed to static the trendnet in the cisco and the pc in the trendnet so hopefully there will not be any issues from here on out thank you again

i guess i missed something when i was doing this because i have actually read the page you sent and also everything i read siad not to (or at least i thought) have dmz enabled
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:44:21 PM by munchies »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • PcWinTech Administrator
  • PcWinTech Guru
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »
Glad you got it working :-)

Since your all fixed I will lock this thread :wink:

And as always...
If your happy with my work. Then all I ask in return is you simply let others know about my site and programs. I help with anything computer or network related :-)
Also always feel free to make a post in the feedback forum.
And a facebook like at the top of the page of my site is nice as well. ;)

Shane
(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

PcWinTech.com Forums

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »

email